The Most Frequent Questions & Answers I'm Asked

The currant VAT threshold for businesses to start charging VAT is £85000 turnover so if the builder does not charge VAT this either means he does not carry out many jobs or he is probably illegally hiding some of his business income, these companies often want cash payments which affects you in 3 ways  

1, You have no proof what you have paid  

2, If he has insurance and an accident happens you or him will no be covered    

3, It basically means they are dishonest and unprofessional. 

We always try to keep the job flowing as this contributes to us profiting from the job however obviously there can be times due to bad weather or unexpected problems but we try to prepare for this as much as possible. Again information is key and if there is a problem We will always keep you updated.

The builder will probable display his qualifications on the website and on his documentation, I am a time served city & Guilds qualified plasterer and hold my  SMSTS site managers site safety plus certificate, I only use the relevant qualified trained trades people on my projects. also as in our case there are loads of photos and testimonials on the website which will show our full range of work and skills. I can normally arrange a call to a previous customer depending on what work we have been doing recently.

The main and most important is the building control completion certificate this is necessary to be obtained as if you sell the property any solicitor will require this to be provided and as such I liaise with building control officer at every stage of the build and will provide this at the end of the project. Also during the project I collect all the electrical, gas and other safety certificates. Also I collect all the product guarantees and instruction books for your future reference.

I hold full all risks insurance with covers the extension and also the existing property but I believe its always worth at least informing your own insurers to let the know what is going on.